How To Choose Good WordPress Web Hosting For Your Website
When you have a website, one of the largest sources of problems is often the chosen web hosting. Choosing the right wordpress web hosting provider for your online business is one of the most important decisions you must make because it’s something you can decide you have growth in the short and medium term.
On the contrary, having a bad web hosting provider can quickly become a nightmare, and migrate your content to another place is not easy. So let’s take a look at everything you should know to choose a good web hosting provider, and give a push to your project.
The importance of a good web hosting
Your website is your storefront professional face to the virtual world, and it is essential to remain always available and fully operational. The nature of the Internet allows us to access content that we want at any time, and your site is no exception have a page that often falls can be very harmful to your image, and the simple fact of not having access to Your site says a lot in itself.
To avoid this kind of thing, you should make sure that the infrastructure of the site is as robust as possible.
Hiring a quality web hosting service can make the difference between a page that meets your expectations, or one which gives mediocre results… and that leads to failure. Among others, a bad web hosting provider can actually cause headache in the long term:
- Falls your page because peak traffic and visits.If your web hosting is not prepared for a possible avalanche of visits, the server could not stand and collapse.
- Problems with delivery of your emails and spam, especially if your provider does not have the appropriate certificates to ensure that it is not blacklisted.
- Slow loading speedsacross your website, usually because your web hosting space is not allocated enough processing power.
- Lost hours of time talking to the support, especially if your provider does not care what happens to your business.
- Configuration errors and failures in WordPressif the server has not been properly assembled and thinking about your needs as a customer.
- Security vulnerabilitiesby not having a robust security policy, or not having the software always updated to the latest version servers.
… and many more. Above all, you must remember that the web hosting service is the basis on which your website is held, which should be as solid as possible. This is especially important for those who depend on their website to survive, such as online stores and professional bloggers.
If you have a page that every time you visit many people fall or has serious security problems, in the long run, will be depleting your income and your image.
Do I need to have a page in WordPress
To put your page up and running, you need to hire two different services: a domain and a web hosting service.
Domains are named that have websites, and through which people access it. They are responsible for turning the Internet IP addresses into readable words, and are an essential element to creating a website accessible by the masses. Although you can access a web page with only one IP address (such as 127.0.0.0), having a domain is something almost mandatory if you’re serious.
Domains can be hired so on accommodation, and can even have more than one domain leads to your visits to the same website. Its main function is to point to your web hosting service contracted, that is where your page resides.
Web web hosting
- Disk Space
- Data transfer
- Email accounts and auto-answers
- FTP accounts
In theory, anyone can set up a server that connects your PC to the Internet and installing all the necessary software. But to have an accessible page, you’ll need to keep it on at all times and make sure that nothing fails. Hire a web hosting gives you all the reliability you need without having to worry that you turn off the home computer.
Different types of web hosting
That said, if you go to any web hosting provider you will see that there are a huge number of different products and services, and prices vary greatly from one to another for no apparent reason. If you add to this that each provider has a range of prices and different features, the result is to choose the most appropriate web hosting service becomes very complicated.
The first thing to consider is that there are several categories of web hosting, each designed for a type of web page in particular. While each provider can name their web hosting packages in one way or another, actually web hosting are classified into 4 types:
Shared Web hosting:
The shared web hosting or shared web hosting is the cheapest and simplest way of web hosting, and the most common.
Imagine for a moment that the server where your website is hosted is a hotel with a number of rooms. When you hire a service shared web hosting, your page would be hosted in one of the rooms of this hotel, like many others belonging to other clients of the web hosting company.
By their nature, shared web hosting is the cheapest and affordable to host a web page option; however, it is also a form of web hosting very weak compared to the rest, since all the pages that are hosted on the server make use of the same memory, hard disk, and processor.
Advantages of shared web hosting:
- It is a very cheap form of accommodation
- To start a business is enough, and later could be shifted to a more powerful service
- Staying in a large server, do not usually have falls
Disadvantages of shared web hosting:
- Web hosting quality may vary depending on the provider
- By sharing server resources, peak traffic another page can affect you
- Usually, it is a simple way to web hosting and underpowered
The next step in the category of accommodation is hiring a VPS server, also known as a virtual server. While shared web hosting is to rent a small room, a VPS server is the equivalent of rent space in the building. So, you have much more capacity and available space to host one or more web pages simultaneously.
VPS servers are to reserve a substantial part of the resources of a server for you to use anytime. Unlike shared web hosting, where a neighbor can consume more resources page of the account (as the tenant of the hotel that captures the buffet food), here you will have an allocated amount of memory and processing.
VPS servers with more expensive, but you get the assurance that you’ll always have as much space as you need. Moreover, they can easily expand as they are virtual that is, the amount of memory reserved for you can easily be controlled.
In addition, a VPS server is designed to accommodate multiple pages instead of one, so you can group all your projects in one place.
Advantages of VPS server
- Much more stable than shared web hosting
- We guarantee the services contracted without the other can take advantage
- It allows you to host more than one page within the server itself
- You can zoom easily
Disadvantages of VPS server
- It is more expensive
- This is a more complex form of web hosting, as it is intended for a more professional level
- Cheapest VPS servers may have even fewer benefits than shared accommodation, but are guaranteed
The highest of web hosting, and also the most expensive category is hiring a dedicated server. While a shared accommodation we have a room with a VPS server has a local, with a dedicated server rented the whole building to complete.
A dedicated server means you have at your disposal a whole machine for your exclusive use, and you can do with it whatever you want. This form of web hosting is by far the more powerful because it avoids have to share resources with other clients of your web hosting provider.
However, this is an expensive option, and it is not as flexible as a VPS server. This is because you are hiring a physical computer, and if you need to enlarge or reduce your benefits will have a technician open it and change pieces of hardware.
Advantages of a dedicated server:
- You have full control over your web hosting space, pudenda modify any configuration you need
- It is a very powerful form of web hosting that guarantees you a very high performance
Disadvantages of a dedicated server:
- It is by far the most expensive form of web web hosting
- It is unwieldy to be a physical machine
- Having full control means that it is more complex to manage and maintain
Cloud Web hosting:
There is also an alternative way of accommodation is appearing gradually, called cloud web hosting. Unlike previous forms of web hosting, in which space within a server (or in the case of dedicated servers, the whole machine) is hired, cloud web hosting is to distribute your website through a network of servers.
Your page will be hosted on one or many different machines and use the resources of an entire network of servers to run. As a result, you will be charged according to actual use you make of that network, rather than paying a fixed monthly fee.
This form of web hosting is still quite young, but thanks to the advantages of the cloud are one of the most stable forms of accommodation.
Advantages of cloud web hosting:
- Extremely stable distributing resource usage across the cloud
- You are charged for the use of resources
- It is very flexible and allows you to expand the capacity of your accommodation easily.
Disadvantages of cloud web hosting:
- It is still a young technology, and, therefore, it may be a bit expensive despite the payment
- It may be more complex than other forms of traditional web hosting
What kind of web hosting should I use?
As we have seen, there are several categories of web web hosting designed for different user levels.
If you’re just starting out, it always pays to hire a shared web hosting. This form of web hosting is the cheapest, and expand the capacity of your plan is easy and does not require any type of migration.
Moreover, the VPS servers become a good choice when you have several different pages. The main difference between a basic accommodation and a server is the ability to have multiple pages at once without higher costs. If you see that the cost of having multiple shared accommodations is higher than a VPS server, it might be a good idea to change.
As a final note, unless you have a business with very specific needs and excessive consumption of resources, not at all recommend hiring a dedicated server. This type of accommodation precedes VPS servers because then there were no virtualization tools that make it possible.
Having a dedicated server guarantees you a lot of power, but is a form of web hosting very inflexible. In fact, the trend suggests that the web hostings that can meet the needs of a struts website are the future.